Thursday, March 5, 2009

Back off - I don't like Airline food and I am just looking

I saw an ad yesterday that said “If you like airline food, please don't fly Austrian.” Huh? I couldn’t resist this forced logical reasoning. I don’t like airline food…so I should fly Austrian? Hahn, yes! I DON’T like airline food so I SHOULD fly Austrian! Brilliant. It’s like a blatant double negative - “I am not not licking toads.” If only real estate ads could be this clever. And maybe they can:

If you like paying your landlords' mortgage please don't buy your own home.

If you like don’t like building equity please don’t buy your own home.

Somehow it just doesn’t have the bite of those Austrian Ads. Gute Job-Kerle

Moving right along. Visited one of our sites in Connecticut and was once again amazed by how many people had stopped by and agreed to receive a sales presentation “just to see the model.” I find this mind boggling. I personally will do anything in my power to not speak to a sales agent. It doesn’t matter what they are selling – I am “just looking.” It doesn’t matter if I am determined to buy and know exactly what I want – don’t bother me, I am JUST LOOKING! And I will continue just looking right up until I bring my merchandise to the register and fork over my Amex Card.
Many of these people on the other hand welcome the presentation. Now don’t get me wrong, it is a particularly lovely townhome model (http://www.palmerhillhomes.com/), and it is always fun to see how homes are decorated, but I have a suspicion that some of these visitors aren’t just looking. Some of these people are just like me and they are secretly picking out their home. It’s okay. I can wait...but not too long…please…

I have jury duty next week and have been thinking about how to sell condos to citizens doing their civic duty - ideas anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment