Monday, March 23, 2009

The Very Open House



Mondays always get me thinking; it’s a new week so it’s time for some new brilliance to get some homes sold. I don’t know what it is this Monday though; I am fresh out of ideas. I blame the intensive Econ studying that monopolized (get it?) my weekend and left little time for marketing brainstorming. Not to worry though, the internet and Canada have saved the day by providing the best marketing idea yet – the 72 hour open house.


On January 26th, Kye Grace of Vancouver staged a 72 hour open house. Isn’t it Brilliant? It’s a little dramatic (so what if there was heat, water, and plumbing - he still had to sleep on a cot) and little unusual, but most importantly it caught the attention of the news. And not just the local news, somehow it made it all the way down here and onto Mike Price’s blog http://www.mlpodcast.com/blog/ (I like him because he uses the term irreverent in his subheading) and then into my hands. According to Kye’s website http://www.72houropenhouse.com/ he was not allowed to leave the house for three whole days forcing him to bring all of his food and necessities with him. Interestingly, he reported that people stopped by at all hours of the day and night to preview the house. I like it. I like the whole thing. 72 hour open house at Galerie Condos – sounds good to me.


In other news, we saw an increase in sales across all of our communities this week. Everywhere from Red hook, to Battery Park City, to Stamford people pulled the trigger, signed on the dotted line, let ‘er rip, or whatever colloquial cliché you like. People bought homes this week. Congratulations and keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. the idea was great, the exposure was great but in the end the suite didn't sell and is still on the market for about 45% from the original price.

    ReplyDelete